Skip to main content

13-year-old Woodbridge boy charged with sexual battery

A Woodbridge, Virginia, boy is facing charges after police said he assaulted a classmate on the school bus last month.

In a letter to parents, Beville Middle School principal Tim Keenan wrote that it was reported Feb. 10 that a boy allegedly had inappropriate contact with another student on the bus on Jan. 30.

When school officials learned about the accusation, the letter reads, “We requested an investigation by the Prince William County police.”

That investigation found during the ride to school that morning, the 13-year-old boy forced a 12-year-old girl to engage in inappropriate contact on the bus.

A day after the incident was reported, the student resource officer charged the boy as a juvenile with sexual battery, police said.

School bus emergency? Fairfax County students have a plan to handle it

This story is part of WTOP’s 2026 Back to School coverage. The wheels on the bus will soon be going round and round again in Fairfax County, Virginia, and some of its young riders are learning what to do if there’s an emergency on the way to school. The annual Safety Patrol Training Camp, hosted by Fairfax County Public Schools' Office of Transportation Services, combined hands-on exercises with classroom lessons to teach students how to keep calm during emergencies on buses. The training can feel remarkably realistic, with overturned school buses on their side or completely upside down in the middle of the county bus depot. Other buses, right side up, fill with smoke that is water-based but mimics the intensity of a bus overheating.
Read Next Story