Skip to main content

No charges in fatal Woodbridge road rage incident

WASHINGTON — No one will be charged in a fatal road rage incident that led to a man’s death in Woodbridge last month.

Prince William County police announced Thursday that, after consulting with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office, no charges will be placed after a collision that led to the death of 53-year-old Larry Walker on Aug. 8.

Walker, a Woodbridge resident, was driving a pickup truck on northbound Prince William County Parkway near Minnieville Road when he was involved in the road rage incident with another vehicle, police said. Walker got out of his truck to confront the driver he had a problem with — a 34-year-old Woodbridge man. The driver tried to maneuver past Walker, hitting him and another vehicle in the process.

The collision caused Walker to get caught between the sedan and the minivan. He died at the scene as a result of his injuries, police said.

The driver of the vehicle that hit Walker contacted police following the crash and stayed at the scene.

School bus emergency? Fairfax County students have a plan to handle it

This story is part of WTOP’s 2026 Back to School coverage. The wheels on the bus will soon be going round and round again in Fairfax County, Virginia, and some of its young riders are learning what to do if there’s an emergency on the way to school. The annual Safety Patrol Training Camp, hosted by Fairfax County Public Schools' Office of Transportation Services, combined hands-on exercises with classroom lessons to teach students how to keep calm during emergencies on buses. The training can feel remarkably realistic, with overturned school buses on their side or completely upside down in the middle of the county bus depot. Other buses, right side up, fill with smoke that is water-based but mimics the intensity of a bus overheating.
Read Next Story