Skip to main content

21-year-old Loudoun County native tees off at US Open

This article was republished with permission from WTOP’s news partner InsideNoVa.com. Sign up for InsideNoVa.com’s free email subscription today. Read the article on Inside Nova. 

This article was written by WTOP’s news partner, InsideNoVa.com, and republished with permission. Sign up for InsideNoVa.com’s free email subscription today. Loudoun County native Michael Brennan teed off Thursday morning in the renowned U.S. Open at Los Angeles Country Club. Brennan, a 2019 graduate of Tuscarora High School in Leesburg and the reigning ACC Player of the Year out of Wake Forest, clinched his spot for the U.S. Open just last week with a remarkable up-and-down at tournament qualifier at Woodmont Country Club in Maryland. (Check it out here.) Brennan attended golf instructor Scott Seville’s camps at River Creek Country Club as a kid. “I’ve known the Brennan family for nearly 15 years. Mikey has always been mature beyond his years,” Seville, the director of player development at River Creek, told InsideNoVa. “‘Mikey the All-American golfer’ is outweighed by ‘Mikey the human being.’ He shows a genuine interest in everyone he meets” On Tuesday, Brennan played a practice round with three of the best in the game: Ricky Fowler, Justin Thomas and Jordan Speith. The round made headlines thanks, in part, to a 2012 photo featuring Brennan dressed as Fowler for Halloween. Fowler ended up signing the photo for the 9-year-old Brennan and predicted the two would play a practice round at the 2025 U.S. Open, according to GolfWeek.com. It looks like Brennan arrived a little early.

X

To view this content from @PGATOUR on X, click here.

Prince William County unveils new 311 signage to curb panhandling, promote community resources

The next phase in Prince William County's ongoing Community Panhandling Response Initiative will involve extensive public awareness signage upgrades designed to direct individuals in need to community resources. The initiative's rollout will begin "at selected intersections where panhandling has been identified," an Aug. 5 county news release said. The effort will further integrate local 311 program staff, with residents encouraged to call the number upon encountering panhandlers. One of the informational posters for Prince William County's campaign to reduce panhandling.
Read Next Story