Skip to main content

Four additional charges for 18-year-old suspect in deadly Herndon shooting

[related_stories align="right"]

Four additional charges have been filed against a Fairfax County, Virginia, man who was already charged with second-degree murder earlier this month.

Kianmehr Shirinipaziziba, 18, of McLean, was charged with firearm use connected with a felony, reckless handling of a firearm, discharge of a firearm in a public space, and shooting a firearm from a vehicle. The Herndon Police Department announced the additional charges Saturday.

Police said officers were called on May 23 to the 300 block of Elden Street at approximately 9:40 p.m. for a complaint about a “disorderly male.”

Before they arrived, Herndon authorities received a call from the suspect, identified as Kianmehr Shirinipaziziba, who said he had encountered a man and shot him.

The victim, who has not been identified, was transported to a hospital, where he died.

Shirinipaziziba was arrested without incident and charged with second-degree murder and is being held without bond at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

Herndon police said the public threat has been contained, but asked that anyone with information call the Herndon Police Department at 703-435-6846.

Herndon police said Shirinipaziziba is currently being held at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center without bond.

Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.

© 2025 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

‘My concerns are more for our service members’: Former Stars and Stripes editor on his and other firings

Former Stars and Stripe's Editor-in-Chief Eric Slavin speaks to WTOP's Ralph Fox. One of the Stars and Stripes staffers fired by the Pentagon said changes at the military newspaper could threaten its ability to cover news important to U.S. service members and their families. Eric Slavin, the newspaper’s editor-in-chief, was fired Friday. Stars and Stripes publisher Max Lederer and Middle East reporter Lara Korte also lost their jobs. "It was quite a shock," Slavin told WTOP's Ralph Fox. "It's not what I expected when I woke up on Friday, but really concerns are more for our service members and our families and what may lay ahead."
Read Next Story