Skip to main content

Woman charged in CIA trespass seeking ‘Agent Penis’ arrested again, held

The woman who allegedly trespassed three days in a row at CIA headquarters and asked “to speak with Agent Penis” before showing up at the home of former President Barack Obama was arrested Wednesday and ordered to be held by a federal judge for violating her conditions of pretrial release, WTOP has learned.

Court documents show Jennifer G. Hernandez, 58, of North Carolina, was ordered to surrender to the U.S. Marshal and appeared Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Alexandria. Her attorney asked that she be released before trial, but the request was denied.

An unsealed arrest warrant showed Hernandez was taken into custody by the marshal service, for a pretrial release violation.

As WTOP first reported, Hernandez was charged by the Secret Service with unlawful entry on Dec. 9, 2019, although the specifics of the incident are sealed in federal court records. She also went to the CIA on Dec. 23 after being ordered to stay away from the facility.

Hernandez had been free on her own recognizance after being initially charged with trespassing at an agency installation without authorization for repeatedly visiting CIA headquarters, in Langley, Virginia, last May.

In a November 2019 hearing, Judge John Anderson said he had been informed Hernandez showed up at Obama’s D.C.-area home, despite being warned to stay away from all government-related facilities.

In November, Anderson had told Hernandez that the government, her attorney and he were trying to resolve her case without trial.

“You shouldn’t be going to places like the CIA and the Obama’s house. You have to fight the callings, and you just can’t go back there,” Anderson told Hernandez, who promised she wouldn’t.

Her attorney, Whitney Minter, had said she was considering a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

Hernandez will be brought to court for a bond revocation hearing Feb. 4, in which her attorney can suggest conditions under which her client could be released before her trespassing trial.

Va. health dept. improves nursing home inspection backlog, reforms sanction criteria for facilities

Stories of neglect in care or unsanitary living situations have plagued several of Virginia’s nursing home facilities in recent years and data backs up a lapse in oversight by state agencies.  With reform efforts underway, the Virginia Department of Health officials said they aim to adopt sanction criteria by the end of the year to rein in bad actors and get troubled facilities back on track.  As of July, 58% of Virginia’s nursing homes were overdue for inspections and 68 of Virginia’s 289 nursing homes were found to have serious deficiencies, according to ProPublica. Several of the state’s flagged facilities with numerous deficiencies also had high staffing turnover rates.  The issue has been salient among various healthcare spaces, including VDH. 
Read Next Story