Skip to main content

Prince George’s Co. to stop taking new applications for rental assistance

Maryland’s Prince George’s County is shuttering its Emergency Rental Assistance Program application portal at 3 p.m. on Dec. 15.

The ERAP will still review and process remaining applications after the portal closes.

The application portal is being closed to ensure that the county’s Department of Housing and Community Development has the funding needed for the open applications, officials said in a news release.

According to the release, $42 million has been paid out for over 5,200 households since March.

More information can be found online.

Prince George's schools focus on smoother bus rides after last year's bumps in the road

This story is part of WTOP’s 2026 Back to School coverage. Officials with Prince George's County Public Schools said this school year won't be a repeat of the start of last year, when school buses arrived late for some families or didn't show up at all.
Read Next Story